View Single Post
      12-22-2021, 12:12 AM   #15
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
With my MAJOR modifications done and behind me, I can say that I’ve spent the better part of the last few weeks REALLY enjoying the car more and more each time I’m behind the wheel. I leap at the opportunity to run an errand, more so than I recall doing with my M4, 335, etc. It’s more than just “a car”. I get this “Batman” like feeling like the Scene IN 'Batman Begins' from when Christian Bale gets into his Tumbler (Bat Mobile) and be in awe the first time he drove it, pushing the various settings and buttons in child-like amazement.

I love this thing, I really do. It’s odd, as I don’t have the words to properly express it, but If I close my eyes, I can still feel my E46 330izhp (my first BMW) in the bones of the F90, but this car is a mobile office, and a nice one at that, and it commands you hang onto the wheel with both hands when taking off. Night and day from the E46, without a doubt, but the way BMW has transformed over the years, while still building upon the core values from early generation BMW/M cars.

Living in South Florida, we are blessed with beautiful weather, yes, but with that comes a price. A salty one. Luckily, not one comparable to 90% of the other available mods for the F90, but a price, nonetheless.

I noticed while washing my car (at this point, I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve cleaned this car btw) that my wheel locks/ lug nuts were no longer black as they were upon delivery. Now they stared at me in the face, in a RUST color. Yes- they were virtually ALL rusted on all 4 of the wheels. Corrosion, you son of a B****, you owe me some money.

I thought seriously about setting it on fire, right there in my driveway. After calming down, I did what anyone in this situation would do…. I called IND.

A painstaking 24 hours passed, and one of the neatest packaged boxes graced us with its arrival.

Attachment 2758255

I was initially REALLY turned off by the idea of Titanium bolts, on a Gloss black painted 789M wheel. Truth be told, I think I noticed on one of those slammed F350'S, which I always admire, but it had the same look I scoffed at. So I decided to give these a shot.

I have to say, I LOVE how it came out. Yet again, an item I scrolled passed on IND’s site for months, one that I saw no use for, pulled together what I thought was an already “perfect” project. Such a nice touch on the wheels in my opinion. I can confirm that the 80mm stud conversion kit as shown above fits a car perfectly with spacers. I am running 15mm up front and 12mm in the rear.

Shoutout to who else, Ryan@IND for sending me a Fashion Grey Anniversary Cap

Attachment 2758246

I had also decided to get my stock engine cover pieces painted. Some of you will remember that I had ordered a second set from IND and had them painted in Gloss Black with Fashion Grey Accents a few months ago. One that was photographed in my professional set. It was beautiful, but I just couldn’t believe I didn’t decide to go the other way around. What was I thinking?!

I dropped off the stock set to my boys @EUROWERKS. John and his team used pictures of my gloss black cap, to give me exactly what I think the engine bay REALLY needed. I couldn’t be happier with these two minor details, and how it has given the car a more completed look. A few quick photos this time around. Another session with my previous photographer is in the works and will be shared with the Bimmerpost community soon. I usually end these lullabies with “nothing left to do now” but we all know what happens…

Enjoy
Drive safe
FSHNGRY

Attachment 2758256

Attachment 2758257

Attachment 2758258

Attachment 2758259

Attachment 2758247

Attachment 2758249

Attachment 2758250

Attachment 2758251

Attachment 2758252