04-04-2019, 07:11 AM   #8
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Are you stock? Was it a 991.2 or 991.2 Turbo? The 991.2 Turbo is about 1 tenth and 1 MPH quicker than an M5 Competition.

This seems accurate to me. I would think you would beat the C7Z06 and HC's at the strip though - unless they were wearing DR's?

The LC once you get it is easy - if you press the gas too hard it will make your tires break loose slightly and mess up the launch. The 991.1 Turbo S is impressive - although fairly significantly slower than the 991.2 Turbo S - I would have though he would still pull you as he traps higher than an F90 M5 (about 125-127 for the F90 and 127-129 for the Turbo S - all on average). I can see the 458 going down as they trap in the 125-126 MPH range - but have been pretty stout in rolls.
I have found the same thing, that if you floor it all the way it seems to not able to hold position. But my problem was the timing. If you hold it for 2 or 3s it works fine. The trouble is if you hold LC for a longer period (like 10 or 15s), it starts to decrease RPM, and it just bogs down when you release the brakes. It also fails to change gear automatically in 1st. I have not found the system reliable to my eyes. I have an Audi RS3 also, where LC is just mash the brake, mash the throttle, and voilá. And it holds 4k rpm in LC until death if I want to.
Appreciate 0