Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M850 GC - Carbon Black

Garage List
2022 M850 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smbsocal View Post
I went with the M5 due to the comfort factor. Even the LCI comp with the suspension improvements will not be as comfortable as the M5. The size of the rims/tires makes a big difference as well, keep them smaller.

If you can test drive a base M5 you can compare the comfort suspension to sport suspension and see how great you feel the difference is. The sport suspension in the base M5 is closer to the M5C comfort suspension.
If you are talking pre-LCI, then yes. I drove a 2019 Base and then a Comp back to back. The Comp rattled my teeth out after a couple blocks. Got the Base. 17 months and 22,000 miles later, I drove an LCI Comp. They made marvelous upgrades to the suspension. Night and day difference, IMHO. 2 hours later I was driving a Comp. The Comp ride in all modes was superior to the Base ride in comfort. I think the suspension upgrades only went to the Comp, if memory serves me. Sport+ was even ok for around town, but you really need the high speed twisties to wring out the full potential of the F90. It took me on some marvelous trips.

For me, it would only be an LCI, and it would only be a Comp. My 2 cents. The price delta on a used one won't be that much. YOLO.
Appreciate 2