03-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
Actually Carwow recorded the M5C at exactly 11.1, just like this video. The E63 AMG was exactly the same time as well for both Carwow/Topgear.
The AMG hits 60 in stock form reliably in 3.0 secs dead; I tested it repeatedly. Tuned, I got a 2.85 run to 60 and a 10.8 1/4 mile.

While I never ran my two cars side-by-side, the now-cimmonplace numbers on the M5 lead me to believe that, on a track, it'll win in most orchestrated races. On the street, though, red-light launches are very likely to go the AMG's way. Here's why: you can launch the AMG from just about any mode in any setup every time and time after time. There's no prep; no restrictions; no cool down. Just slam the brake and the gas and release the brake. My M5 won't let me launch back-to-back like that.

You can even get the AMG into launch mode from idle in about a half second so you really don't need to look like an utter pleb doing the racestart RPM bounce. I once launched my AMG 11 successive times from light-to-light in say a 5 minute span and it showed no signs of stopping. The same minivan ended up being next to me for about 6 of them and I've rarely felt so shamed by a 30 or so year old Mother giving me scathing looks--so I activated drift mode and launched again with massive tire screech (I actually lost to the minivan on that launch).

All of that said, I'd still take my M5 over the AMG any day and everyday.
Appreciate 4
clee1982796.00
JTO245246.50
///M4TT150.00