Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
Quote:
4WD and RWD...Best of both worlds! I so want this car.
It would truly be the best of both worlds if in the 2WD mode it would also shed the extra weight due to the 4wd mechanics.
The car lost 200 lbs with the addition of 4WD/RWD combo and you're still complaining of weight? Really?
I thought it was pretty funny also.
The car already weighs less than its predecessor and WITH the AWD on it all the time. Seems like what he is wishing for has already been done !

I'm not gonna even entertain the part of his wish that defies the laws of physics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
Quote:
4WD and RWD...Best of both worlds! I so want this car.
It would truly be the best of both worlds if in the 2WD mode it would also shed the extra weight due to the 4wd mechanics.
The car lost 200 lbs with the addition of 4WD/RWD combo and you're still complaining of weight? Really?
I thought it was pretty funny also.
The car already weighs less than its predecessor and WITH the AWD on it all the time. Seems like what he is wishing for has already been done !

I'm not gonna even entertain the part of his wish that defies the laws of physics.
Is it really that hard to accept the law of physics that the mass added by the addition of the 4wd mechanism has a density >0, resulting in some finite weight due to those components?
"The car is lighter than the previous generation" is a marketing statement which seems to be working.
There was an opportunity to make it much lighter by not going 4wd (or at least offering a pure RWD option) that was missed/compromised for other design decisions. That's all.
Appreciate 0