View Single Post
      11-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #3
RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
I believe these are the same as the M5 Comp forged wheels, just with a different color finish. As I recall, the M5 Comp forged wheels are around 27 lbs. to 28 lbs.

The Dinan forged wheels are 23 lbs. front and 24 lbs. rear based on my measurements. Others have reported the Titan wheels around 1/2 to 1 pound lighter than the Dinan wheels. Both the Dinan and Titan wheels are 1/2" wider front and rear than the BMW wheels.

I have read that there are HRE wheels in the 20 lbs. range, but those were well out of my price range.

Good luck with the new car and wheels.
Thanks sir! I'm going Fi-R 20 in. Trying to do a straight replacement on the stock tires.

Did some "phone photoshop" quickly to see how they would look on the CS in 20in form. I know a lot of guys throw the 21s in there but I would like to keep the weight as low as possible, and if we're losing around 40 lbs of unsprung weight, I figure the car will be just that much more fun to drive, and be able to put more power down, in addition to bolt-ons. This article sticks in my head.

bimmerfest.com/threads/hp-gains-understanding-unsprung-vs-sprung-vs-rotating-vs-static-weight-vs-mass.1264776/

And for real world data, according to this article, the loss of 12 lbs per wheel/tire combo, translated to more power on the dyno. So why not?

mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/432257-dyno-runs-effects-wheel-tire-weights-wheel-horsepower.html

Apologies… I'm just a nerd for this stuff. For the people saying "are you tracking? You're not going to notice much street driving, you're spending x $ on shaving 10ths off of X lap time…" ah whatever, I like what I like. 😇
Attached Images