View Single Post
      05-21-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Just met a 535i.......

Seems BMW is sending out examples of the new F10 535i to select dealerships and I got to meet one here at the local dealer scene in L.A. to see if we might have a date for 6/19/10.

First impressions do mean a lot so here goes.

1. This is a BIG car. Gone are the E60's sporty if sometimes awkward looks (just as I was really getting used to it too). Replacing it was an elegant (though just a bit bland) and long looking Black Sapphire example with no sport pack or decent rims.

Sorry, no pics- but this is the EXACT spec car in the thread posted earlier about a black F10 535i at a Minnesota dealer.

Anyways, I do like it but it IS a different beast now. It weighs more and looks it too. Think mini 7 series and that just about sums it up. Which makes me feel it won't be as sprightly as the E60 was. We'll see.

You know it's funny- the E60 didn't photograph well at all but when I saw my first black 530i back in 2003 it was HOT and the awkward front end/headlights instantly faded away. The F10 though is just the opposite- it photographs so well and when I first saw a pic my jaw dropped. But seeing it in person didn't get nearly the same reaction. Strange.

2. As for the interior it is definitely a step up over the old model but almost seems a little too cushy for a sport sedan.

3. In summary the new 5er is a much grander/elegant Bimmer than the old car and has more presence as well. But with the added weight and size i can't help but think it will lose the E60's nimbleness and throwability. Conversly,the new 550i with it's TTV8 should help this issue.

Come 6/19 we'll find out..........

Last edited by MI6; 05-21-2010 at 01:48 AM..
Appreciate 0