11-01-2021, 01:30 PM   #46
FourPtDrift
This is my unique custom title
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5C, '20 F83 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchfiftyFive View Post
Bastard 720 piece of garbage. 😂 I don't know what it's like to have "family money",
You should ask Florida Boy - I'm sure he'll be thrilled to tell you in tremendous detail, too.

Quote:
so I'm stuck in my ho-hum M5. Most pedestrian.
You and me, brother.

Quote:
Haha, I've noticed his posts too, and you have to expect to take some shit when you come to an M5 forum
Oh no... no no no. Don't you get it? WE should be grateful! Florida Boy is gracing us with his presence in our little forum of pedestrian cars.

You see, he's much, much better than us. He knows it, and if we're lucky, he'll remind us of this fact, yet again.

Quote:
and try to act like you're the only person that's considered other brands/know that other options exist
Wow. Wait. Hold up. Other options EXIST?

Quote:
(for the real enthusiast that wants a do-it-all four door supercar, that's WHY so many of us have chosen the M5, it's that good compared to everything else sub 200K),
MSchfiftyFive now why did you go and inject reason and logic into this conversation? Florida Boy can't possibly respond if that's going to be the way you play the game!

Quote:
while also acting like said opinion makes you somehow superior. It doesn't,
No, that's not right. Just ask Florida Boy, he'll explain it to you. He's a better person than any of us. Much better.

Quote:
and you just come off as salty that the M5 is as good as it is, for what it is. Shit on it all you want m'man, we'll keep posting videos of it winning.
So, funny story to share. Was at a local car gathering in the hills bordering the Valley of Silicon - happens every weekend. Not really a formal C&C, but it just sorta happens. Was chatting with some folks in agreement that for all intents and purposes, my F90 was the fastest car in the lot at that moment. So, a C7Z owner happens to hear this, and fuming, walks over.

C7Z Owner: Are you saying that your car beats the C7 Z06?
Me: Well, not in "everything." But mostly, yes, it does.
C7Z Owner: How?
Me: (pops trunk) Come on! Check this thing out! Can you not imagine the Costco runs I can do in this thing?
(people laughing, C7Z owner clearly not amused)
Me: (pointing to depth of F90 trunk) forget Costco - you should see me at HomeDepot! And an airport pickup or drop-off for family or friends? Easy as pie!
(more people laughing)
C7Z owner: Yeah, I can go to HomeDepot, too. (He literally took the bait).
Me: Oh you mean in flat out power and speed? Yeah, this is faster than the Z06, too.

I tell you, I think GM makes great stuff. Love how the new C8 Z06 has turned out - may get one. Will wait and see as I always reserve judgement until I see the car in person. But as a whole, the C7 peeps don't seem to have much of a sense of humor. Which is odd, you'd think they'd be able to smile considering they get regularly beaten by grocery getters rides like ours.

2021 F90 Comp LCI Frozen Marina Bay Blue/Aragon Brown Full Merino
2020 F83 Comp LCI Porsche Chalk/Black Full Merino
2018 F82 Comp LCI Mineral White/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
2017 F83 Comp Black Saphhire/Sakhir Orange (Sold)
Appreciate 0