United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i MT6 M Sport, Dinan 5

Garage List
2011 128i  [5.66]
2000 Dinan 5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Why do you assume off brand gas is crap?
Tom
A family friend works at Arco and she is the one in charge to make sure that their mixture of gas is spot on. Arco makes sure they comply with the minimum requirements of purifying the gasoline before leaves to be delivered to the consumers to be used in our automobiles.

She even says that Arco has the most contaminants in its mixture that is not good for a engine that is being planned to be used in the long run. She herself only pumps chevron gas.

A buddy of mine has a USA Gasoline close to his home, about 3 miles or so. he bought a brand new Scion TC. Decided to start pumping gas at this station because it was that much cheaper... at the time, about 8 cents cheaper than everywhere else.

About ~450 miles in, his engine started stuttering and just stopped. He took it into the dealer and his injectors where clogged with a semi thick substance.

I am glad that you have had a different experience. it really does go to show that cheap gas doesn't always mean crappy gas but in my experience, I just tend to stay away from cheap gas.