View Single Post
      08-29-2015, 08:21 PM   #1
AIRHEIR
X3M Comp
Rep
Drives: X3M Comp

Service Questions/Concerns..Backing Plate

My 2015 F80 was scheduled for a service this weekend and I took it to my local dealer. A little history of the car prior to service. I just recently installed the OBDII CAN Module for the car and absolutely loved how it transformed the sound of the car.

I had the controller on for about a week or so and out of the blue I got a check engine light. I assumed it must be something with the valves so I was able to reset it using the feature built into the module. I figured the error would be stored on the Cars computer and I could ask my SA to look into it.

When I got my car back this is what they addressed:

1. The vehicle test showed code 102001. As per the SA the check engine light was a result "LOOSE EVAP PURGE VALVE HOSE DIAG CODE D1160_B00000000_17_305" This was addressed by resecuring the hose and a reset of adaptation values.

2. The other thing that was out of the standard service was that when my car was road tested they heard the scraping sound (which we have all heard before) from the rear brakes. I have always assumed it was rock or debris caught in there which would find its way out. In this instance the following was done, "REFERENCED SI B34 06 15 TO REPLACE BACKING PLATES WITH REDESIGNED PART. REMOVED BOTH REAR WHEELS AND HUBS AND REPLACED BOTH BACKING PLATES."

3. I also mentioned the squeaky doors and that there was a service bulletin regarding this. My dealer was not able to locate any such bulletin. However they did replicate the sound and said it was caused by wax buildup. They cleaned the seals and sound is definitely better.

Any thoughts
Appreciate 0