06-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #15
FriskyDingo
Rather Ambivalent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Spiritedly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
All the new Jettas have the 1.4 turbo engine. Unless you're getting a Civic EX-turbo, you will not have the same power as the Jetta.

I have a VW GLI ... basically a GTI in a Jetta sedan form. I chose it over the Civic because the Civic did not have lumbar support - and to get an equivalent sportiness in the Civic, I'd have to go for the Si... which only came in manual. The GLI comes with a twin clutch DSG transmission for getting through stop and go traffic jams. Not to mention it shifts super fast when you're pushing it.

I added a tune flash and it's now pushing 260hp with over 300 ft/lb of torque... makes for a fun commute and a sleeper for those stoplight getaways.

Only thing I don't like is, that the Jetta is looking pretty dated now with all the other cars being more updated and having upscale interiors. The Golf/GTI is way ahead of the Jetta/GLI in the interior. I think there will be a new model Jetta some time next year.

Oh, and remember resale values on VW suck... they lose 1/2 their value in 2 years. The only cars that drop faster in resale value are American cars.

I have a 2016 GTI, but have been giving thoughts to buying a GLI just because of how stupid cheap they are right now.

The GTI is much better dynamically, and my car has the E-LSD and upgraded brakes because it's Perf Pkg, but the GLI has full power seats standard, more rear seat room, and rides better.

With employee lease deal, I can lease a new GLI w/ $0 down for $240 a month w/ taxes on a 3yr/30,000 term. That's a lot of car for the money.
Appreciate 0