View Single Post
      05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #37
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
when are people going to realize, it's not all about the numbers? who cares if you have the fastest "road legal" BMW?

The experience of driving a fast automobile is hindered when you weigh as much as some of these cars do.

The guy driving a 570, 600, 720, is having a much better overall driving experience because it's an actual car designed to go fast, compared to an f90.. Think about that. i'm not saying the f90 is slow by any means, but what i'am saying is (in regards to this particular example) it's 10x more fun. There is zero room for debate.
Truer words have not been said re: cars. I had way more fun in my 991.2 Carrera T with only 370 hp than I’ve had in most cars - it’s not the speed (though it was plenty fast) but the way the steering feels, the way the pedals are perfectly placed (left foot braking), how balanced the chassis is when the car breaks away, the pressure of the brake pedal and how it engages and allows you to always get the right pressure (and never fading), the way the PDK read you mind in auto but was crisp, precise, and did exactly what I wanted when I wanted. All those smalll things are what makes car like that, cars like Porsche GTx, like Ferrari’s, Etc as desirable and sought after as they are. Those are the small things that FEW manufacturers come close to getting right and why those cars cost what they do.

Anyone can make a fast car, sedan, coupe, SUV. It is not hard and there are dozens upon dozens of examples of that...and more each year. Having a car connected to the synapses of your brains or hardwired to your body, that is nearly priceless. The dichotomy of speed and truly world class dynamics are vast.
Appreciate 0