Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Black M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno 27 View Post
I’m finalizing an order and wanted to get some feed back... thinking of upgrading the front grilles, side vents, rear spoiler, and rear diffuser to carbon fiber. Will it be washed out given it’s on a black car? Think it’s too much?? Thanks in advance for your thoughts
I would keep the front grilles and side vents black and do the Rear Spoiler and diffuser in CF. It's not going to pop the way it would on lighter colors but certainly looks better.

I owned a BSM F10 M5 and went this route and it looked very clean and elegant but with a bit of edge.

Hope this helps.
Placing an order for a black m5 comp and I was debating the same issue. I had decided on the carbon fiber M pro spoiler, diffuser and side grilles when I came across this video in which a guy from M performance parts mentioned that the M pro spoiler and front splitters should be installed together due to aerodynamic changes on the car. I'm not a huge fan of the splitter on a black car so I am currently back to no carbon fiber add-ons. Anyone else here have the same info? I don't believe the standard carbon fiber spoiler add-on results in the same issue since it is roughly the same size as the OEM spoiler.

He mentions the combo of M pro spoiler and front splitters at 8:45
Appreciate 0