View Single Post
      02-17-2008, 05:01 AM   #9
looking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1 View Post
I have diplomat and tourist pricing, but they won't even negotiate on the 1. For 34,900 US with the Canadians only getting heated seats over the states I don't know if it's worth it to buy here. And why do we pay 1995 for freight and pdi when the states only pays 695 for delivery?
A lot of the disparity between Canadian and US freight and PDI prices has to do with the market size of the two countries. While I'm not going to justify the prices, because I think BMW Canada is gouging us, we in Canada tend to forget how much bigger the US market is. Just because we're close to the US doesn't mean we're the same.

With that said, BMW Canada could careless about the price difference between Canada and the US, the fact is we keep buying their cars from them. Like it has been mentioned before, unless we stop buying the cars nothing will change.

In terms of 1 discounts, I can't remember the last time I saw any manufacture offer big discounts on newly introduced cars. Just wait a bit if you want bigger discounts.
Appreciate 0