View Single Post
      12-06-2020, 05:21 PM   #136
italiabrain
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Funny I was thinking the exact same thing. They think they will give this great service replace the engine even after OP blew past his maintenance schedule and now they will have to buy the car back anyway and had to install a new engine.
I don’t think it’s plausible that the extra 1000 miles caused the original failure, so what you’re really saying is that BMW should have bluffed this guy hard. The guy who is getting a lawyer at this point probably would have never had that work on him.

I get there’s some divide in this thread over whose fault it is... and yes OP missed their maintenance schedule... but it’s just nuts to me to suggest someone should be out an $80k “you deserved it” penalty because they got an oil change 1000 miles late.

BMW is already on record that service was nearly impossible in some locations. They sent my wife a letter extending her X1 warranty because it was ending around April and service was a disaster.

All OP has to prove is that he had an otherwise warranty covered failure, then the burden is on BMWNA that OP caused that failure.
Appreciate 2
LSM1118.00
lsal137.50