Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Unfortunately, being a Seat branded vehicle, this won't come to the US. In fact, even the upcoming VW-branded I.D. electric hatchback that rides on this same platform is not expected in the US. However, in time, enthusiast-geared small RWD EVs should become a reality, and certainly some of them will be sold in the states. I am excited about the possibilities.

There is some irony here in that BMW is moving to a FWD platform for their compact vehicle range, including the next generation 1 Series hatchback models, just as VW and others are moving to a dedicated EV platform featuring RWD.

I was excited until I heard this. I use an i3 as a commuter and it really does it's job well, even with an M3 CS in the garage, I look forward to my commute in a RWD torquey electric car that saves me a lot of gas and gets me in the carpool lane. A RWD EV just makes more sense given the instant torque, I shudder to think what a FWD i3 would drive like–certainly it will leech away the last drops of what makes the car more fun to drive than an average FWD econobox.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00