01-31-2024, 09:26 AM   #19
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
So - I've always ran with the toaster, air fryer, roaster, oven combo things.

Currently have the Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 Digital Air Fry Oven Pro - Model FT205CO that I got from Costco for under $200. Note that this sits on my counter.

With this, I'm a firm believe that if you get a unit that does 10 things - it will not do any of them well. Thus, as a toaster, it's overkill, as an air fryer, it's weak, as an oven/roaster, it's small. I've had some good and bad "toaster ovens" over the years...this one does seem to be a little better.

That being said, I'm not really sure that I understand the difference between an air fryer and a convection oven. Both move air...maybe it's how much? But, in walking through Costco the other day, bit the bullet and just bought an 'air fryer' only item, as they had the Gourmia 7-Quart Digital Air Fryer for $50.

In the few uses I've had with it (spicy chicken thighs, fries, tator-tots) it's worked very quick - and has been good. Only down side, gives off a slight burning plastic smell.

Finding cabinet space for all these items is becoming an issue - food dehydrator, instapot, this airfryer, crock pots - all sit in an upstairs closet. I'm running out of space.
I've read that complaint a lot in reviews of various air fryers with plastic bodies. That burning plastic smell. Even the Ninjas. That would be an instant deal killer for us. We need a new toaster oven, or we'll need an air fryer and a regular toaster. But that means two appliances instead of one. We also lack counter space, so the fewer appliances, the better. Even is there's a bit of a trade-off.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0