11-27-2017, 03:36 PM   #21
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrabbit View Post
Not sure if that's really a function of the brakes or the car and how it feels (M6 vs M5). CCBs' only advantage over steels is fade resistance. In almost every other area they are the same or weaker than steels (worse initial cold bite and much worse in wet, same wear at high temp, CCB's are very brittle compared to steels, monumental cost). Unsprung weight is almost unnoticeable on these vessels.

Horsepower has little (actually nothing) to do with stopping power. The amount of force required to stop a 4300lb car from 200kph to 0 is the same no matter what the engine puts out.

Anyway there's plenty of threads on Bimmerpost on CCB's vs steels, and lots of industry info as well (not manufacturer info) so I won't go down that path. I'd highly suggest anyone looking to get CCB's understand what they're getting into. There is a lot of misleading information on their performance and longevity.

Definitely couldn't pay me to put them on my car.

you really can't expect much in the way of reading comprehension when a person talks about their vehicle " breaks" instead of their vehicle brakes.
Appreciate 5