04-25-2020, 05:07 PM   #34
bucketfoot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Toyota GT86

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Specs/model #? How much more/less noisy is compared to the LT? How is the road feel with the Fanatic?

I had the DFGT and yes it was loud and inexpensive; also lacked true road feel.
I got the CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit.

In actual use, I honestly couldn't tell you how much of a noise difference there is, as that was never something I focused on. What I can say there is a huge difference in noise is when you turn it on it does the whole wheel rotation thing. The LT made a racket, while I don't really even notice the Fanatec.

I probably don't even have 50 laps on the Fanatec yet, so I am still tweaking settings, but there is no comparison on the road feel between the two. Simple things like the curbing feels pretty much like real curbing, where with the LG was kind of a jolt.

The other big difference is the pedals. On the LG they are just something you step on to get something to happen. There is actual feel with the Fanatec and that's just with the basic set. I just received my load cell kit today, so I'll have to get used to the more progressive feel of the brakes as well as figure out the setup I like.

I'm not at all serious about this sim racing stuff. I first got Gran Turismo and the DFGT to have something worth playing on my PS3. I recently saw that someone had created an Assetto Corsa version of my favorite local track and wanted a better setup.

I originally looked at the newer Logitech and Thrustmaster offerings, but what I saw in the comparisons to the Fanatec made it an easy call for me, even with not being anything close to a hardcore user.

If you are good with the cost, I would highly recommend the Fanatec.