onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
Me too ..

I agree with you btw

Also, I don't necessarily think the 0-60 time is the beat yardstick (I just don't have a lot of open road to test the 60-130s) or quartet miles

I can do 0-60s at a stop light and not risk being pulled in the city

I think we all agree that these cars stocks should easily do 3.1 sec 0-60... yes driving conditions matter , but the stock comp should probably be able to do that on a pretty consistent basis ...

I think we would also further agree that the JB4 map 1 on pump gas should have taken that time sub 3 second (with no tinkering) .. likely in the consistent 2.8 range

What I was frustrated with is that I was not putting down those times ... it's not my driving (because LC is easy .. brake.. gas .. go) .. yes conditions matter .. but I was barely breaking 3 seconds and most of my runs were in the 3.1-3.3 range with the ECU tune ..

That's why I felt like something was wrong (either installed wrong or something wrong with the car from factory)

Btw.. the main reason I went to hydra was to see if they would have installed the JB4 for me and tinker with the settings themselves .. I didn't want to do it

That's when they suggested "it's shit .. get hydra" ... hence this post

In any event, I decided "f" that and I just went home and installed the Jb4 but was disappointed when I could only post a 3.1 ...I did 5 launches and none broke 3... it was smile 3.1, 3.2, 3.3 .. ugh !!

That just got my frustrated and worried that I installed wrong or something was wrong w car

I don't know how to read the maps or know what they even tell me (although I want to learn, eventually)
Did you do the base installation with two Tmaps and one OBD2 ? Or did you also install the wastegate controllers ?

I would worry about the install also.
Appreciate 0