limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBA87 View Post
You are more patient than I.

I don't have the time nor the desire to "finesse" my tune a million times for a bargain price. I simply want a reliable tune that consistently puts down good numbers and is fine tuned by someone else. After all, I don't "tune." I manage money. I'll stick to what I'm good at and let the tuners finesse the tune..

interested ?

I do appreciate your feedback, however.

I've switched back to Map 1 on JB4 and will await my DME. The guys there are helpful and I trust them.

Ja
That's a reasonable approach.

The cost of the tune wasn't my point, though, not at all--I have very different reasons for using the JB4. That aside, my point was that regardless of the tune or its expense, you'll only achieve *your* car's best through iteration but, as you've just said, you don't have the time. So if it's off-the-shelf you want, then go with a pump-gas DME tune or JB4 map 1 and you're there.

Consistent 0-60mph runs are a combo of the above, experience, tires, DA/temp and the right road... I reference 0-60s because you seem to use that as your yardstick of success.

Given I'm using a JB4 with nothing else and running sub-2.6s, it's obviously achievable with that device. DME stage 1 should be able to compete (I hope).
Appreciate 0