///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyM View Post
I owned one. Not that special, great value for 115k-120k. I'd rather pony up another 5-10k and get an 17' R8 V10 ANY DAY.

It drives nice, and is comfortable. It's F10 M5 (maybe with stage 1 tune) levels of acceleration (in my opinion maybe 1-2mph faster in 1/4 mile trap). Launching is very strong. Transmission is very good. Car lacks some REALLY basic touches that car in that segment SHOULD have (primarily fit n' finish). Looks great in front, no front axle lift so get ready to destroy the front end if you live in an area with road work or a lot of dips. Back looks ehh. The speed is good, but it sounds like a non-nasal GTR mixed with G35.

Also I have a R8 V10 Plus - I've driven an F90 M5. The R8 will win the race (exactly the same car as LP610).
Hope that helps!
Your butt dyno is pretty good lol. I have seen 10.8 at about 128 MPH - so for a standard F90 M5 - that is about 1-2 tenths and 1-2 MPH. Competition is about the same MPH and could match it with the Michelins.

It seems to be a solid car - nothing exciting - but solid. There is talk of an R version - which may be interesting.
The fact that an M5 F90 with a Race Chip or what not piggy, can match the performance of a full blown Sports Car like the NSX whose only purpose is speed and handling, is downright impressive and again goes back to how if an overachiever the M5 F90 really is! Jack of all trades and the master of some?
Appreciate 1
onfireX53618.50