View Single Post
      08-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #26
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan30 View Post
I used this same method over the weekend to give the car it's first wash and it was perfect.

I ordered everything from chemical guys - foam cannon, pink car wash liquid, a few microfiber towels.

- hose down the car with water with the cannon
- clip on the container to the cannon which includes soap/water
- hose the full car down to create the foam
- lightly wash the car with a microfiber mit
- hose down the car with water

Following the above method, you'll notice the ceramic coating effect. Water and even the soap literally beads off.

I then used a leaf blower and the car was dry within minutes. Never really needing the touch the car at all!

Lastly, I sprayed the car with a product called hydrosilex. It's a ceramic coat/maintenance product. Quick spray and wipe down and all done.

I do agree the wheels are a pain!! I forgot I didn't have a wheel cleaning brush so just used the back side of the microfiber mit. Overall, it got the job done and looks clean but will use a brush next time to get the insides. I also sprayed/wiped the wheels with hydrosilex.

Hope that helps!
Is there a canon out there that doesn't require the usage of any manual mit work and what power washer are you using?
Everything with me is in the interest of time, which is so hard to come by nowadays....

PS, my first wash was from a hand wash facility (like a 40 min wait)...
Appreciate 0