shayan30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stbm5 View Post
another thumbs up for coating. i used cquartz then when i do an actual wash i use foam cannon, very light quick wipe with a high quality mitt, then rinse and blow dry with an electric blower. looks perfect after and all that takes 30min. if i'm feeling like i want extreme shine i'll finish off with kenotek show room shine - takes about 5-10min to do the whole car. now if only someone would wash my wheels for me...
Ha! I hear you about the wheels, but don't you at least spray them w/ cleaner and rinse off?
Please attach links to your cannon and blower, so I know what works and what to buy..
I used this same method over the weekend to give the car it's first wash and it was perfect.

I ordered everything from chemical guys - foam cannon, pink car wash liquid, a few microfiber towels.

- hose down the car with water with the cannon
- clip on the container to the cannon which includes soap/water
- hose the full car down to create the foam
- lightly wash the car with a microfiber mit
- hose down the car with water

Following the above method, you'll notice the ceramic coating effect. Water and even the soap literally beads off.

I then used a leaf blower and the car was dry within minutes. Never really needing the touch the car at all!

Lastly, I sprayed the car with a product called hydrosilex. It's a ceramic coat/maintenance product. Quick spray and wipe down and all done.

I do agree the wheels are a pain!! I forgot I didn't have a wheel cleaning brush so just used the back side of the microfiber mit. Overall, it got the job done and looks clean but will use a brush next time to get the insides. I also sprayed/wiped the wheels with hydrosilex.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0