Rep
Drives: C63 AMG ,ML350 4 MATIC

M5 comp pcg vs E63 s VS Pan Turbo

Hi Guys,

I went for a test drive with following cars all on the same day:
1. BMW M5 Competition package
2. Mercedes E 63 S
3. Porsche Panamaera Turbo

I would like to share my opinion of these cars. My test drives were 30 minutes each. In the past I had 911 Turbo S, Mercedes C63 and Infiniti m45 and some SUV’s.

BMW M5:
Straight line: acceleration is great. I went to a highway and the car felt great plenty of power
8/10
Car handling: Steering feels precise a bit artificial but overall very good 8/10
Suspension: I love the suspension it feels very nibble and just right not to stiff or to soft 8/10
Technology: The screen is very crisp, very clean, easy to navigate I like it a lot, speakers are great. 9/10
Brakes: I was reading on C/D etc a lot of negative about the brakes. They bite like crazy I love them. They are light years ahead of the 550 breaks. 10/10
Comfort: Seats are very comfortable (I am 6’8’’ 265lbs) I got plenty of room; I love the real leather feel it’s worth the upgrade. 9/10
Overall: Solid 8.5 out of 10

Mercedes E63 S 4 Matic
Straight line: Feels kind of slow, tranny is just slow, engine is decent I prefer feel of C63 engine. It fees sluggish, can a car with 577hp feel slow it does to me 6/10
Car handling: It feels large, clumsy and not refined 6/10
Suspension: Feels softer and more comfortable than M5 but you pay for the softness when you hit even mild curves. 6/10
Brakes: They are very good they bite hard and stop the car very well 9/10
Comfort: Car is comfortable, plenty of room but seats are kind of too soft for my taste. 9/10
Overall: I can’t justify paying $115,000 for this car it’s just not an upgrade from E550. Overall 7/10

Porsche Panamera Turbo
Straight line: acceleration is breathtaking, comparable to 911, insane; it just feels like its devouring the road. 10/10
Car handling: Steering feels amazing, not to stiff or soft just superb, and tranny is something else can’t compare to anything. After 100mph car feels smaller and smaller and smaller you feel like you just can abuse this car 10/10
Suspension: I love the suspension it has air suspension and it rides like an MB S class almost 9/10
Technology: Holly …..How many buttons, backup camera is from the 2005, so many pixels, it’s like time stopped, not fan of this aspect 6/10
Brakes: Crisp, bite is equal and distributed evenly amazing 10/10
Comfort: Seats are very comfy, very spacious, I can sit in the back with no issues, now the big downside is there is NO 3RD SEAT, and this car sits 4 only (I got 3 kids) No Bueno. 9/10
Overall: 9/10 if you can afford this car

Summary:
The Porsche Panemera Turbo #1, BMW M5 #2, Mercedes E63 S #3.
If you have a family, need to pick the kids up from school etc you should consider the fact that Panemara has only seating that accommodate 4. The E63 I feel like it’s not worth the price and the premium over E550. This is coming from C63 owner. The M5 it’s a good blend of a super car and a daily driver. So price considered, seating for 5, free maint for 4 years the BMW is the winner in my opinion.

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0