View Single Post
      06-11-2008, 04:49 AM   #18
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift135 View Post
I think that if BMW engineers can make a engine computer (e92) M3 that can perform more than 200 million calculations per second that even with the 135i they will have some way to find out if there has been someone messing with the software . I've been sitting back watching the 335i guys cutting and splicing wires to the ECU then pulling out the gear when the car goes in for service. The only people still smiling when the turbo or engine fails on these cars are the guys selling the gear that made the car fail. BMW may give the benefit of the doubt if the car has not traceable changes but when you limp into the service department with taped up wires, catless downpipes, giant intercooler, no OEM airbox, a boost gauge on your dash; don't expect them to believe that your engine failure is their problem.
I can relate to this as well Swift 135, which is why I mentioned undetectable "on the un-clipping and re-clipping side of things" as well as ecu logs with a piggy back set up !

From what I already know Xede has such a set up for the Mazda MPS 3...it plugs in neatly - no wire splicing or cutting - that's a definite NO NO for me too :wink: and I would be embarrassed/silly to rock up at a service centre with that kind of damage to wiring and expect them to just ignore it...

I've heard Xede do have something for the N54 as well, but havn't found anything on here yet about it...

Can anyone here elaborate...once again apologies if it's mentioned somewhere already, I'm noob to this forum :smile:
Appreciate 0