View Single Post
      06-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #13
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
The Active Processor is $1295 installed. Active are currently working on MSD81 and when that is released then i can release to everyone here accordingly. The installation requires rewiring of the factory ECU plugs and so i require it back if you want it removed before going to the dealer. I have fitted many to 335's, i did the last one on friday. I recently recieved my latest stock order of 5 units and have 1 left. More will be coming soon.

I haven't used the SSTT or seen one installed so can't comment.

If you want factory Warranty to remain on your car, Do NOT put anything on the car that may put that into question. All tunes are sold for 'off road use only' i just don't see the argument that you want to modify your car and if something goes wrong blame the BMW and scam them for warranty. (My 2 cents)

Andrew
Appologies if this question has been asked many times before and located somewhere here in other threads - but what is the power output increase of this Active processor, just want to compare to the SSTT...

I also see the sense in what Kris has stated in his last post - I have very similar to that on my turbo Astra convertible, I have a total of 4 different ecu maps - these are software only - (stock included) which are loaded via the OBDII port and take no longer than 45 seconds to accomplish, without even opening the bonnet.

I can choose which is best, usually dependant on climate/season and revert back to stock for dealer service, with no trace of ever been there...

I suppose from what I've read up so far on here, there is an issue with current production V81 ecu's being able to log either a 're-map' or piggy back intervention, but I'm sure this will definitely be resolved over time, if not already for some systems...

For myself, I would definitely be in favour of a good 're-loadable' re-map...but if one of the above piggy backs proves undetectable, especially with the un-clipping and re-clipping side of it and not being logged by the ecu, then it might be a goer :smile:
Appreciate 0