View Single Post
      03-27-2019, 11:28 AM   #12
turbomcgee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeve19M5CP View Post
Correct I also have no skin in the game but I very much like to make conclusions based on data say lab tests etc.....for all your above statements where are you getting this data...can you share evidence?

I showed both lab test results....you agree its a similar test (from a proportion standpoint) and can be compared ? and I am comparing r+m/2 octane and nothing else......the other numbers carry confusion since they are higher numbers

Hands down nothing beats VP race fuel in my opinion.....Lucas is meant for daily driving inexpensive octane boosting

VP octanium acted very much like boostane for me and was a little stronger on timing but that could have been my mix. Octanium does turn your exhaust tips orange more than any other additive. - This is VP's latest octane booster, not a race fuel.

I agree that if you add 2 bottles of lucas you'll get similar octane numbers, but if you add 1 bottle (15oz) to a full tank (20 gallons) you are not getting a 100:1 mix, you end up with around 170:1. The key is keeping that 100:1 or 50:1 mixture.

The boostane test did not give AKI, they only tested RON, and without MON we cant get to that AKI.

Lucas MMT

VP and Boostane, more to come once too

and here is STP octane booster MMT just for the heck of it, which is the lowest.

I have Boostane here, I also have VP Octanium, I'll go to Walmart and pick up a can of lucas and run 3 tests with a control run using 93.

I’m genuinely curious how they all preform when used at the same ratio and in real life testing.

I’ll do the following

Pump gas 93 Sunoco control runs
100:1 mix for all - 6.4 oz to 5 gallons
(2) 4th gear pulls for each mix
pre-mixed in 5 gallons jugs
once the tank is nearly empty I'll run pump gas to clear out the left over mix.

I Think VP octanium will take the win, its also cheaper than Boostane, we'll see how the Lucas compares to Boostane on the F90 platform.

Last edited by turbomcgee; 03-27-2019 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 1