View Single Post
      06-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #10
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
It's great that you found this. Looks like it's just about as involved as a spark plug change could be, unfortunately.
Yes, but less intimidating than without a guide. Interesting 'engineering' that requires so much disassembly for a routine q25k mile spark plug swap over. The coolant tank thing is just dumb. I guess the dealers have a stock supply of replacement plastic clips and connectors ready for 'routine' service on these cars when they are 5 or 6 years old and have had those clips undone a few times. I just wonder if you can get away with just moving the coolant tank up without removing completely. The rest of the plastic covers and ECU modules are no big deal. At least you don't have to remove the air boxes like you do in the F10.

I was looking at another breakdown sheet, on a different page of the same website, and they showed how to remove the coolant tank on the passenger side also. This breakdown does not mention it? I think it may be in error?

I'll poke around this weekend, I took a quick look a few times, but as usual something else called me attention.

At this point I am toying with keeping this car for 10 years and want to know if I can DIY for the routine stuff. Next thing to consider is the timing belt service. Those routine must be done things are different than the fix a broken part deals which would be covered by an extended warrantee.

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0