Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Garage List
2023 BMW M5C  [0.00]
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
I know there has been several threads on this.....which tells you what an issue this is, especially when they all seem to say the same thing...it's "normal". Maybe it is for M cars....but I guess BMW says it's normal for the M cars to sound like a $6k POS 1984 Pontiac.

I do mostly city driving.....stop light to light....and I'm sure feathering the brakes is what is causing this. However, am I supposed to be driving 60 and then stop on a dime at every light? Maybe I wasn't taught how to drive (or rather, brake) properly.

Yeah, I know the solution is aftermarket pads. That's not really a solution....it's a workaround I should not have to do on a 2-month old $115k car (that is, basically pay $1k to have my brand new OEM brake pads changed out).

I am going go take it to the dealer and insist they at least cover the labor for aftermarket pads if they can't solve this issue. It's just unacceptable.
So you knew about the issue, the cause, and the workaround-- yet still proceeded with the steel brakes expecting you were any different than the 999 threads already about the squealing steel brakes?

edit: just realized you were the guy that sold me the mirror caps, so don't take my comment too personally. We're like family in this forum! And kuddos for that A+ packing job!