View Single Post
      11-18-2021, 05:36 PM   #1
Our03z4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe,

My Carvana Experience

About a month ago I decided to purchase a 2016 Audi A8L 4.0T (I had the turbo service done already) from Carvana. I didn't really feel comfortable buying sight unseen as I'm pretty picky about cars and their history. Since they have the 7 day return policy plus the 100 day warranty I figured why not. No other A8s were available with the specs I wanted within 500 miles which is why I even considered this. The car was coming from across the country so I was going to take 2 weeks for the free delivery.

After I made the purchase the delivery wait time gave me plenty of time to stress my self out but reading horror stories about Carvana, so many were popping up that I was tempted to cancel. Luckily I stuck with it anyways. Most complaints were people not having the car delivered on time, sometimes weeks late. Carvana pumps you up almost daily about "getting excited about the delivery".

Oh and the purchase only took about 15 mins to do all the paperwork, seemed almost too easy to be honest. The day of delivery I was happy to get a call from the delivery driver that he would be on time. Also the app starts showing where your car is when in route to your home. He showed up on time, super friendly and helpful.

The car was extremely well detailed, this was a surprise as I saw numerous complaints about dirty interiors. Now this brought me to my 1st issue. I noticed undeclared damage on the rear bumper, nothing major but some decent scrapes. Told the guy, he agreed and immediately took a photo and put a claim in on the spot. After a test drive and checking every single switch I continued with the delivery believing they would take care of the bumper. It wasn't an hour later, on the weekend mind you, that I had already received approval for the bumper repair.

Issue #2. 3 weeks later I had a coolant leak, took it to the Audi/VW Indy shop I use and they said bad thermostat housing and would cost $998 to repair, oh Audi you're fun. You are supposed to use their preferred shops but found out you can take it to yours for a $50 deductible. They called and immediately had approval. Car works perfect again.

Overall this has been a perfect experience, not sure I will use anyone else after how smooth this has gone. I think it helps that this is an expensive car, most people I've seen complaining are sub 15k. Just wanted to give my experience in case anyone hesitates.
Appreciate 4
VisualEcho6636.50
________4158.50
chassis6560.00