06-13-2020, 11:34 PM   #5
stealth70mde
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayNskillz View Post
So disappointed with HK sound system. Sounds so shit. No bass at all!! Has any successfully managed to make it sound any better at all ?
Yes, to the extent of what it can deliver... Let’s say that you won’t be able to blow window seals with the system but it becomes quite okay.

The biggest flaw in the whole system are the midrange door card speakers. The amp sends way to much bass to them so they badly distort and make the whole sound very bad.

To circumvent this, you need to cut a lot of frequency in the 200Hz area to around -5 to -6 in the equalizer.

To compensate for that loss, you need to boost the 100Hz and 500Hz more than you would normally.

The equalizer frequencies past 500Hz you can adjust to taste.

I also add quite a bit of the general bass boost.

I don’t use the Logic7 to get the most bass of the system.

I can actually feel the bass at highway speed on most songs. Old rock & roll recordings are the ones that still struggles to have good bass on top of the general lower output volume.

The equalizer picture look really clunky with the big 100 and 500Hz boost and the big 200Hz drop but it seems to work plus the added benefit of being able to feel the bass and having a lot less distortion coming from the door cards midrange speakers.

I’ll post my setup soon but I anticipate folks reacting and tell that this EQ setup doesn’t make sense. Works for me.