11-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by northtorque View Post
I have the M-mode tach bar on the HUD on both M1 and M2 setting - I programmed it in on the M settings screen once back over 3 months ago and everytime I double click M1 or M2 they are still up there. You should be able to set up the default start-up HUD as well if I'm not mistaken by going into the vehicle sub-menus. I left my default start screen clear of it though because I found that in poor visibility (heavy rain / fog at night ) the tach bar added too much light to the HUD and it impaired sight lines too much. Maybe its just my 50+ year old eyes.
Hey Hockeytyme, just confirmed that if I set default HUD to include M view then the M-view display comes back on again when car is restarted (Menu trail = My Vehicle > iDrive settings > Displays > Head-Up Display, then check both Head-Up Display and the M view options ON.) Turn car off. Turn car on. M view will be saved in default. HOWEVER, I played around a bit and I think I found what is F%$!ing things up. If the car is left in default mode, no problems, HUD M-view comes back up on restart. But, if I enable the M1 or M2 modes (via red M paddles) at any time and then EXIT/TURN OFF the M1 or M2 modes (by triple clicking the red M paddles) to return to default mode - the previous working default mode HUD setting M-view all of the sudden has disappeared for some reason (M view gone). Mine is a 2019. I just ran out into a snowy parking lot to check - I should be working - damn forum lol.
Appreciate 0