shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Not the drivetrain so much as the ecu maybe... Eventuri there was definitely some adapting that took place with the engine but I didn't notice as much with the Gruppe... Could be because Eventuri 1.0 was open air and Gruppe was closed box, I don't know...

Audible wise the Eventuri is much much much louder and noticeable (again v1.0 because never tried v2.0) so if you are after sound, then Eventuri 2.0 is probably the route you want to go... Closed box system + not as much audible + slightly sexier aesthetics would be GruppeM...
YMMV, but my experience has been my car not really feeling the Eventuri, whereas with GruppeM, she hasn't had a single moment of hesitation or hiccups...
Thanks for the input. I can see why there could be some benefits of the closed system. Losing some intake noise is kinda of a bummer but performance matters. If performance and price were equal I would go Eventuri as I think it looks better. The GruppeM still looks nice, but at the same time it looks like a bunch of flat covers. I wish you would have had the v2.0 just for comparison reasons as there was clearly some concern if you decided to swap it out.
You're right - the Eventuri is more flashy but it sounds like I wasn't the only one to endure the same problems...

Eventuri = more flashy intermittent performance issues and louder...
GruppeM = less flashy, more covered, better performance and not as audible...

There were times I cringed a bit with the Eventuri at wot and even on quiet streets at night... If this was an Evo or STi, okay fine... But I'm not sure our cars need to take me back to my blow off valve days lol...

Also on the Eventuri, I felt the scoops didn't line up quite right inside my grills... Again, nowhere near an engineer, but just solely based on common sense, it... well, it didn't make a lot of sense, lol...
Appreciate 1