11-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #5
Atty
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 X5 48i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapiDoesItAgain
I removed the model no. badge from my 330i b/c I like the way it looked in pictures of others I saw like it, and I thought it added sort of a European feeling to the car (just my impression, valid or not). I did it now, because I figured that if I did it while the car was new then (1) it would be possibly easier to do and (2) the paint underneath the numeral badges would not have had time to fade - rather this is a real or theoretical concern I am not sure.

Anyway, I like the way it looks, and it definitely is nicer when detailing the car. I am unsure which I like better, but I don't have any plan to put the plastic numerals back on. As far as what others think, those that know the models will know that my car is a 330i b/c of the grill, chrome trim, and style 162 wheels. I don't think that those that don't know the cars don't really percieve the absence of a badge per se, but they do have to ask what model car it is. Badge or no badge, I've gotten many more spontaneous unsolicited comments and compliments on this car than any other I have owned, with most of them mentioning how nice the color is.
Cool.