02-03-2020, 10:55 AM   #8
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Carlos financially the .2 wont make sense unless you must have the added performance of the larger turbos other adjustments that Porsche made. I had two 991.1 Turbo S's and both were basically modded with tune and exhaust to get to .2 numbers or a slight bit more. Now if you tune a .2 its over but like you said the financial piece is material to you. The only thing I dont like about the .1's is the warranty is done unless you can buy one down there to cover your vehicle.

I actually like the option of the non S .2 as well. Its got a smaller wheel than the S but a simple Cobb tune will help it past a stock .2 S.

If you typed "painfully" in regards to finances then you know what you need to do if you are getting in the porsche game and thats probably a .1 Turbo S with low miles or a .2 Non S. I dont think you want to get a .2 S and when more than enough power sits in either of your other options and a 2k tune is a shipment away. If you want the upgraded interior then the .2 is the way to go. The Nav and other tech parts are more advanced like in my .2 GTS. Heck you could get a GTS and tune it and voila you have a Baby Turbo S (like I did)
So in regards to the finances, I can afford either without resorting to finance or leasing, but it is a stretch as it depletes my current reserve, which concerns me a little in the long term, as I live in country in which god knows what can happen with the economy and currency. Either way, I will sell or trade the M5 to cover the cost, but I am still stretching the ball, and I am aware that Porsche running costs are higher (although it holds value far better and costs less proportionally).

I will be out of warranty with either 991.1 or 991.2. Our warranty here is only 2 years long, and even worse, you can't extend it through the manufacture (has to be 3rd party). This is one of the reasons I am avoiding tuning, as I don't want to risk putting extra stress on the transmission and the engine, besides that, I feel like the car is plenty fast for my current desires.

Is the 991.2 S that much faster? I honestly have not driven both, so I can't really tell the difference. I have driven the 991.1 Turbo S, but the 991.2 Turbo S I have only been a passenger. I know it is faster though than the 991.1 as I drove a 991.2 Turbo, and that already felt faster than the 991.1 Turbo S.

The new PCM appeals to me, but what really gets me is the chassis and tyres upgrade from 991.1 to 991.2. Is it worth it, in your opinion?

Is the GTS comparable to the Turbo? Because I honestly like its aesthetics far more, and I would be more than willing to buy it. I quite like the GTS exhaust too, it sounds better (at least to me).
Appreciate 0