Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Those $ value delta's are criminal !

With those numbers, even though I love my 991.2 TTS, I'd save the money and buy a 991.1TTS and change the steering wheel to a 991.2 and add the 68mm turbos with a tune and exhaust. You now have more power than a 991.2 and a great functioning super car.

One thing I would do after my testing, is not waste the money on IPD inlet pipes, larger intercoolers, etc. The power comes from the tune first and turbos second. Stock IC's do a good job and will outperform the aftermarket stuff if you add a mist spray system (I did).
Yeah, the depreciation in the M5, coped to the increase in price of the 911's has put me into a bad spot to make this switch.

I really like the 991.2 Turbo S, but I am having a hard time justifying the additional cost, especially as I know that when the 992 Turbo arrives, the depreciation hit in the 991.2 will be massive.

The 991.2 Turbo has me scratching my head as well, but I would lose PCCB in comparison to the 991.1 Turbo S

I will take some time to start modding, as I like to keep things stock. I will be doing exhaust mod, as the 911's stock exhaust isn't that great. But I think that will be as far as I go.

But from what I saw the main difference between both Turbo S is that larger Turbo and the anti-lag system. I really like the 911's Turbo punchy response, but I feel both 991.1 and 991.2 are fine for my use.
Not sure what your car situation is like but I would sell the M5 now to limit your loss and wait 9 months until the 992 Turbo s is out. At that time I'm sure you would be able to get a very clean 991.2 turbo s with a warranty.
Appreciate 0