View Single Post
      04-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

We basically got an extra 100 RW HP and 200 Nm of RW torque.
Since then we made some more software modifications and let the ecu adapt itself. I am pretty sure that the car gained another 25 RW HP, and in due course I will dyno the car again.

Manhart opened up their box of tricks to get this done. The fuel pumps can’t actually supply enough fuel to my powerful engine, but MHR solved that. Impressive! The car pulls like crazy and during tests on the highway it pulls harder than a Ferrari 458 Italia and F430. On a side note I was with 3 passengers in the car. Fuel consumption has improved during cruise speeds of 70 mph to about 8.5 litres per 100km. Average consumption including hard test driving is around 14 litres per 100km. Well impressed for such a powerful car. This car is not about having some peak power, it is strong throughout the rev band.

I realize that the car has more torque than we all here thought possible with regards to the gearbox and the diff. However, I have seen how MHR “mistreat” their demo car over the past few months, and I am fully confident that it will hold. Franz even took their MH5 S on the track last weekend at the Spring Event which I also attended, without having a single issue with it, except some smoking brakes  Since we are still at early stages in tuning the M5, I am sure there is more to come, including turbo upgrades, gearbox and dif reinforcements. The top speed is currently restricted (through BMW M drivers package) at 318 km/h on the speedo, but once lifted it will do over 345 speedo km/h.

I am proud to say that with my car so far MHR produced the most powerful F10 M5 in the world at this moment, even more powerful than their own. I haven’t done any v-box runs yet, but MHR v-box tested the car from 100-200 km/h on the Autobahn in the wet at 6.5 seconds. Their own demo does 6.3 on a dry Autobahn. When running against the MHR demo from 120 km/h upwards, my car was faster with three passengers than the MHR demo with just the driver. Crazy stuff.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0