View Single Post
      09-02-2018, 01:04 PM   #29
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
the z06 has 0 issues with dragging. we aren't talking about course racing here.
Trevor - I’m talking about - aero - downforce - coefficient of drag (Cd). Drag. Not drag racing lol.

From when the car came out - and was running C6’s - the C7Z’s hit a wall at fourth gear. And C6ZR1’s would pull away. This is because the C7’s have horrid Cd. As they are meant to road course and downforce is good for road coursing. This is confirmed when you look at C6ZR1 traps being about 3 MPH higher on average.

I took my stage 3 aero off - and picked up 2 MPH.

The issues with the C7Z’s are massive heat soak - the 2017 “fix” did. It fix them as ZL1’s have 11 additional coolers - and the 2019 C7Z’s apparently added some of the C7 ZR1 coolers. Roots style SC’s are the worse for heat soak - smaller higher rpm versions - are the worst of the worst. The C7Z has a 1.74L blower - versus the C6 ZR1 2.3 versus the C7 ZR1 2.65L. It makes a huge difference. This is why I swapped mine out for a Procharger.

Aero - downforce and Cd makes the cars mid-top speed slower. GM themselves stated the car Barry has a 180 MPH top speed with full aero. At least that is an easy fix.

Again - I love my car - I still have it - sounds great, looks great, interior is nice and drives amazing. Lots of modding to get there though.
Appreciate 0