03-24-2018, 12:24 PM   #110
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
To address your first point - we were talking about having fans as a part of the test - not coolant - which is massively important in comparison. Intercoolers are what keep the charge cool - internally - IC charge temps - versus the outside ambient temps. That is critical to the ECU and would definitely have a major impact on pulls.

That said - no having the fans as a part of the test doesn't help that is for sure -again depending on my point - how hot was it in the testing area?

I heartily agree with you that IC fluids and other setup variables can have a significant affect on a test. From what I am seeing with THIS test however - is at least a combination of config/setup/procedural dyno testing issues AND maybe/likely other points that you bring up.

As something is VERY odd and off about them.
I just noticed the original post does mention two fans in front of the car. I can't see them in the pics so maybe they are the small ones most dyno shops have, including the one I work at. I'm not trying to throw shade at this shop, my own shop's fans don't move enough air either and we can see that in the differences between logs on dyno and on the road.

Long story short: don't worry about the M5's power curve, it's clearly hauling some serious ass out in the real world!
Appreciate 0