View Single Post
      05-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #4
mkw110
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw f80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
Radar Cruise control is EXCELLENT. LOVE IT.

I first sampled it when driving my dad's 2012 A8L, it's very handy.

My wife's Sienna has it and it works great in that also.

One caveat. The Sienna will trail closer to the car in front than the M5 does. I find the distance to far on the M5, as people cut you off too often. With the Sienna this does not happen. I guess Toyota trusts their auto breaking more than BMW does?

Land departure warning is very useful and the Lane auto hold is pretty good, but not perfect, it looses sight of the lines too often despite the fact that I can see them fine. It will follow the wrong line now and then, and try to take an off ramp.

The lane warning in the BMW is a vibration in the steering wheel , so it does not bother my passengers.

In the Sienna is a BEEP BEEP coming from the speaker on the side you are getting too close too. Same with blinds spot warning, that makes sense to be a beep beep, but not for the lane thing.

Blind Spot warning is very good.

The Radar Cruise works differently below 35 mph, it actually follows the car in front of you, and that works amazingly well. Car can come to complete stop and start up again.

Auto stop on backing up is Meh, if it thinks something is there, it hits the brakes and it will shock you! I was backing into a parking spot at night and the thing stopped short on me, I was 6 feet from the curb and nothing was there, I turned that feature OFF.

Auto park, never tried it.....some have with mixed results. I know how to park thank you very much.

If you car does not have it, it would not be worth the price of adding it aftermarket.

Mike

good to know that!! thank you!
Appreciate 0