05-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #358
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
I thought pascal was coming out later this year? Why not just wait for that.
The first Pascal cards launch at the end of the month with 3rd party benchmarks coming on May 17.

I doubt that 980Ti-1080 is going to be as big of a jump as people say it is outside of VR. I don't want VR and I have no issues pushing AAA games at ultra 1440p and 70fps. I'll only find it necessary to really upgrade when cards come out that can push Ultra 4k at 60-80fps. At that point I'll buy a 4k monitor like i keep wanting to. I also don't really see the point in upgrading every single card generation.

Also the 1080Ti will likely use a new pcb design and HBM2 memory since it will be based on the Pascal Titan. So it will be another big improvement over the 1080. Similar to how the 980Ti was a big leap over the 980. But at that point I may just wait for Volta. 980Ti will be no slouch for a few years unless dx12 performance is really that bad.

Anyway as far as games go I'm playing Batman: Arkam Asylum in between rounds of Rocket League. I've never played the Arkam games and im really enjoying the first one right now.
Appreciate 0