View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 01:44 PM   #7
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
It's funny but almost every time I see Tesla 0-60 stats posted, they seem to include 1ft rollout—is it just me that's noticed this? Dragtimes' Brookes does it, too— he did the same for the Taycan when he overlaid the 0-60 time on the video thumbnail. This isn't the norm anymore. Sensationalizing anyone?!

Here's my M5's best 0-60. Note the difference between the 1ft rollout and regular time.

In that drag race and every other run I've seen for both cars, my daily driver setup would beat them both convincingly.
That daily driver tune you run would destroy the Tesla and Taycan.

The “rollout emergence “ is interesting. Manufacturers do not use roll out in their ratings.

It comes from sanctioned racing because of the timing equipment requirement with the beams used. 12” is a minimum and some tracks use more for marketing. More rollout = quicker times = Dynojet marketing. Heck, I’ve raced at some tracks with a shortened length. Marketing. A negative with beam measurements is the trap speed is not actual. It is an average of the last 66ft. So it is always lower than actual terminal speed.

All major Magazines use roll out now. I think that is what is spreading the use of it.

Now vbox and Dragy have rollout metrics.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00