View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #8
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
I work for one of the nation's largest healthcare systems.

They made the vaccines available to our frontline workers first, then to us (non-clinical) back in December.

Let's just say that even when made available, people are hesitant to sign up. These vaccines also have an expiration date and we have had to throw out thousands and thousands of doses - a total waste. I know for a fact this is the same situation across the nation and cumulatively millions of doses have gone expired and discarded.

Meanwhile you have people in this thread desperate to receive one - so yes this is a disaster of poor planning and logistics.

As a last note - I developed a ton of respect for our CEO who is making it happen for everyone in the organization should they choose to get it. He cares.
I've heard of a situation in DC where a pharmacist asked a couple of people wandering around in the store if they wanted to get the vaccine as he would have to throw it out otherwise. Then you have states that make it some sort of crime to distribute a vaccine to people not in the current vaccination group that would otherwise be thrown out where no one benefits.

If people are not willing to sign up and get the vaccine when they're eligible, the open it the hell up to others what are willing to get it. There's enough of the science I know of where I feel it's not as dangerous as everyone is making it out to be. Hell, I've been exposed to a lot worse with my cancer treatments with all the radiation from all the scans I've been through and the FOLFOX6 treatment with a DNA scrambler and platinum heavy metal that has caused some permanent nerve damage.
Appreciate 1
BMWGUYinCO4122.50