View Single Post
      01-16-2021, 08:41 AM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

You're not alone. My locality is a total disaster in getting information out there. The state's main webpage for the vaccine doesn't have any useful information on how to go about registering to get in line for the vaccine. I stumbled over my county's registration page purely by accident doing Google searches. The state should have a page listing all the county's vaccine registration pages so no one has to go find Waldo. My friend who is under active cancer treatment can't find jack with her county and her doctors are clueless as to how she'll proceed with getting one.

I see a focus on the elderly getting vaccinated as it's known they are vulnerable. But Azar also announced states should be vaccinating those with recognized co-morbidities now. No state that I'm aware of has taken up this guidance. And the media if they even mention this guidance only give it a small blurb. I technically have 4 co-morbidities. I may not look to be at risk due to my age and physical fitness. But none the less I'm still at a very high risk of death from this thing.

This whole thing is a total disaster. All the states have had months to prepare to get this done right and still dropped the ball. Here's a listing of how each state is doing:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...inistered.html

West Va leads everyone at above 70% of their allotted vaccines distributed. There are only 4 other states that are above 50%. Totally ridiculous. My particularly county only has one site at an elementary school doing the vaccinations and they're only doing it from 9AM to 1PM. It's no wonder the vaccines are slow rolling when you have stupidity like this.
Appreciate 0