Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by River13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar0022 View Post
Update!!

It turns outs they were able to apply the software update to my 2020 M5C but in the process Discovered a bug in which no matter what drive mode you were in, the instrument cluster would always show 4WD. A future release of the software is supposed to fix that, for now they release the vehicle to me and said they would notify me when the update was out and I could come back.

I now have Android auto and I noticed that the M view for the heads up display has changed. Not the long tach bar that took up a lot of real estate. It's compact now. The instrument cluster is still that crappy view and not the M view that the latest cars are getting.
so how did you get the update? i have M5 COMP 2020 and i didn't get the update. did it come OTA or through the dealer?
I received the update through the dealer but if I were you, I'd wait a bit longer and see if you get something OTA. The update I received from the dealer still has bugs and my sports exhaust is muted. From what my service advisor told me they have been informed of the issues and have it logged as a ticket to correct in the next release. When is that? Who knows? Maybe the OTA updates has those fixes.
Appreciate 0