View Single Post
      06-29-2017, 08:10 PM   #49
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatine_us View Post
It looks like the top buttons on the gear selector are for driving mode selection- comfort/sport/sport+. I don't see the options on the left side of the shifter- We can see the steering wheel adjustment (heat?) and auto start/stop- as in the 8 series.
The gear selector still has the D/S written- so it would be the last slot- as it is currently.

Unless its adjustable ride height.
The diagrams in between the up/down switches seem to be big blob, medium blob and small blob.
Correct that the Rocker Switch on top of the selector is for the Transmission Drivelogic mode. The "gate" is as present on recent and current M vehicles.

The buttons to the left are for Driving Dynamics. Auto Start Stop is on the dash. The Steering "adjustment" is for resistance not heating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserdude View Post
@lemetier

I'm just saying the hand positioning to actually push the button would be awkward because it's low on the handle, just my thoughts
Its no more awkward than if it was on top. It's still a thumb button and only needs to be used if the driver is exiting the vehicle under certain conditions and intends to use additional operating functions.
Appreciate 0