View Single Post
      09-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #13
Licoeur
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdoJurgens
Pete, I feel your pain. I ordered 9/13, when my salesman told me it would be made in week 39 (beginning Sept. 26). Yesterday, I learned that I had been bumped to week 42 for some reason. Maybe your car got bumped as well. There are rumors on this site that BMW's suppliers of the aluminum trim are having problems keeping up with orders, and that the comfort access option will delay your order as well. Since I ordered both options, I guess I'm doubly screwed. However, I think I have been in 112 status the whole time (at least that's what my dealer said yesterday). I don't know why you're stuck in 111.
By the way, is there any way to get production stage numbers, other than asking the dealer? Can you get them through the Owner's Circle web site, or the 1-800 number?
May not be a delay for those with the Comfort Access option. I ordered my car with Comfort Access on 9/8. It went into production 9/14 and was completed on 9/23. It is now at the port of exit waiting to be put on a ship. Not sure about the aluminum trim delay.

Appreciate 0