View Single Post
      08-03-2021, 07:54 AM   #10
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDriverSF View Post
I need a car that I can refuel in 45 seconds flat in the middle of nowhere, sorry.

My EV friends brag about some hypothetical "0-60" scenario that would look cool on YouTube, but is illegal on public roads. Meanwhile, during road trips, they lag behind by 4-6 hours because they can't find a "supercharger". By the time they finally hobble in on 1% battery, late in the evening and mentally drained from "range anxiety", I've already checked into the hotel, explored the whole town, and had dinner. Then it's storytime about how lucky they feel that they made it at all. By then, I'm usually fast asleep. You can guess what happens the next morning. They can't get started until late afternoon, because the hotel only had a trickle charger that got turned off overnight, and some other EV guy was occupying the spot until 6am. After all that, my EV friends just borrow the wife's gasoline car for the next trip.

But hey, if you're just getting groceries in town, then EV is awesome. I once saw a Tesla beat a Lamborghini out of the Whole Foods parking lot. I don't think anyone really noticed though. They were all checking out the Lambo.
Funny
Appreciate 5