TimmyBHGM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5 guy View Post
Aloha Everyone, long time no update! I have been gathering parts for two more rounds. Interior and power. Interior almost done and power is kind of a no rush because ecu's are not remote tunable yet. In the meantime I went down the rabbit hole a little bit further with an oil change.

Not just any oil change mind you, more of a remove the oil pan and add a titanium oil diverter valve oil change. If you are going to do it might as well go all out right?! Anyways this little mod has done wonders for my oil temp. The gauge is an actual gauge now instead of just dummy pegged in the center. Driving over the mountain at a steady state? Oil cooler and noticeable on the gauge. Sitting in traffic? Noticeable in the gauge. Basically the diverter valve just makes the oil go through the oil cooler all the time instead of it being based on a temp switch. Very helpful here in Hawaii and when on boost.

Valve is found here if anyone is interested:

https://n63intake.com/products/n63-n...l-cooler-valve

Also switched from oem water to actual oil with some weight in it. 0-w30 is just ridiculous for Hawaii and this motor so 15-w50 went in. To top it off had the Weistec filter container installed to complete the ridiculous oil change. A few pics for the journal that my mechanic took during the process.

There are builds and then there's a Kimo build. Hope you're doing well brother.
If you don't remove the pan during oil change, that's the amount of oil left in the engine to be mixed with new oil?
Appreciate 1
m5 guy1691.50